Just jot your set of requirements, prioritize features as well as functionality, and narrow the list of tools that best match your needs. Shortlist to compare the top applications and settle down one accordingly.
Narrow down list with the applications that meet your needs
Explore Application Reviews
You have found a tool that suits the best according to your needs; now it is time to verify your decisions. We have thousands of real and trusted reviews from the users. Read the reviews of one specific application and compare them with others.
Never! We don’t sell products and we’ll never push you into buying anything. Our only goal is to help connect you with relevant software options. What you purchase (or not) is up to you.
You bet. Every review we collect is written by a real person just like you, and every single one is vetted and verified by our reviews team.
Our team of advisors is based out of Austin, Texas. They’re friends, coworkers, siblings, parents, dog owners, music listeners, park goers, beer lovers and software selection specialists! Our software selection advisors specialize in certain industries, including construction, retail, medical and more, which means you’ll always be paired up with someone who knows your market. Our advisors love helping business like yours thrive!
We’d love to add you to our database.
To help you to find the best freight brokers in 2020, we did the research for you. We went deep, so you won’t have to. Our top 5 picks for the best freight broker softwares: Axon Freight, FreightWaves SONAR, BOLT, Logistiqo & Fresa-Gold.Read More
Freight Brokers are said to be the real-life jugglers. It is because of the simple fact that they juggle with things like locating carriers, loading/unloading loads, tracking the shipments, and the list keeps going on!
So, if you are wondering whether freight brokerage is the perfect fit for your requirements in terms of the supply chain, but feel like you do not have the complete grasp on the insights of freight brokerage- We are here to guide you through.
Let’s start with the basics:
What Is Freight Software?
A freight broker is a person who tends to arrange a deal between the shipper and transportation company to execute the freight effectively. A Middle Man as we can call them- between your manufacturer as well as the transport that will deliver the product at the desired destination.
Now, the question is- how do they manage so much of load?
The Transport Management System (TMS) is the answer to all!
Many TMS software in the markets today are created to solve the purpose of carriers and deliverances. There are several choices available for a reliable Transport Management System, incorporated with various price points as well as features. The software is the web & cloud-based that allows you to access the information and software anywhere and at any point in the world.
Types of Freight Softwares:
- Axon FBS: This unique software has been a part of the industry since 1982. The company has over 16,000 users with around 54 million load execution. Axon Freight has also integrated in real-time, which means that information you enter anywhere automatically gets updated in terms of dispatch, billing, fuel management, fleet management & maintenance with a single entry system!
- Axon Freight offers a highly-intuitive user- interface, that allows you to track your orders on a live map. It is also integrated with efficient accounting tools that provide you with access to the financial records & statements, create invoices, tickets, purchase, or work orders.
- Truck Deliveries
- Warehouse manage System
- Effective Distribution System
- Supply chain and risk Management
- FreightWaves SONAR: It is a platform that has a complete yet reliable view of the moving freight economy. FreightWaves Sonar offers the users real-time insights with exclusive intelligence, along with the ability to analyze and monitor the global supply chain industry. Freight Brokers Software proudly covers all- form, trucking, rail, ocean, trucking spots, contact rates, fuels, volumes, weather, risk management, and much more.
- Cost Control
- Trading Partnerships
- Communication and Networking
- 3PL Services.
- BOLT: One of the leading cloud-based fleet management systems. Bolt is specially designed for the internet and freight industry. It provides you with effective and cost-effective solutions.
- This software helps in logistic operations- from booking, operations to tracking and monitoring the deliverable in real-time. You can also evaluate the daily activities of your business. Bolt also helps in managing the data as well as finance generated through the consignments.
- Freight Forwarding Services
- Cloud-based Platform
- Online Tracking System
- Data Warehousing
- Logistiqo: This platform allows you to take control of all your freight shipments. From quoting through various carriers to booking consignments, tracking, analyzing supply chain- everything in just a few clicks. Logistiqo is a modern and powerful Freight Forwarding Software as a service (SAAS) based platform which is designed to establish complete transparency and control over your supply chain.
- You can easily access multiple carriers using a single platform to make sure that your freight shipments are well-optimized in real-time for every job. Also, it is easy to optimize the same in terms of price, time, and service level for a perfect delivery execution.
- Transportation and 3PL Management System
- Fleet Management
- Data warehousing
- Fresa-Gold: Fresa is a completely web-based ERP software, integrated with freight forwarding and shipping services. The software is designed for the NVOCC, IATA, Cargo agents, and other logistic service providers. The main objective of Freight Forwarder Software is to allow the transport companies to organize and manage their business with 2-interface options using one platform.
- The highly-interactive modules tend to capture the information from quotations, shipments, and status updates via mail to several internal as well as external stakeholders involved. The software also helps to generate the shipping and financial statements with MIS capabilities highlighting real-time visibility.
- Cargo Shipments
- Trading Partnerships
- Document management
- Communication and Networking
- Shipping and Forwarding
With a competitive view of the market, businesses must ensure that their services along with products are easily available to the customers. However, supply chain management is a complex system as it involves several sub-process. Therefore, it is crucial for you to use a complex yet friendly software system. Ask for the trials as it will allow you to have a rough idea of how the software works before finalizing one.
This world has become more lively, with lively and regular adaptations in nearly every current business stream. Together with, there has been noted huge adaptations in the transportation industry too. Web-based tracking application is now the first priority of each transportation agency because of its user-friendly nature. The enhanced application by axondispatch helps the user organization in saving the extra hours that were taken just before while doing physical duties. This powerful innovation has won the limitations of the challenging document management method. To maintain in this challenging situation, the truck organizations will need to carry out the most recent technology in their organization activities. However, if a firm is not set to accommodate itself within the most recent adjustments, then they will have no choice but right out of the system by their oppositions.Read More
Access From Anywhere in the World
The web-based dispatch software is the most innovative application that allows you to handle your trucking firm on the web. All you require is a computer and internet connectivity. There are many reasons to pick a web-based dispatch program. Once you get a web-based software for your company, there will be no need for any other program. You can gain access to your account from any place with internet availability. This application also empowers the owner to produce different kinds of records and reports too. Another main function of this software is getting intelligent loading quotes directly.
With the use of this web-based dispatch program, you will be able to reserve the loads immediately. This software makes the delivery of invoices to your patrons a hassle-free process. Most of these web-based programs are hugely accessible with any pc and gadget. It provides you more options to choose from this occupied marketplace. The web-based dispatch program provides you more dependability and conformity traits. The trucking dispatch system also lets you publish your post at different truck stops. Affordability is another principal trait you will get together with a web-based dispatch application. It also provides you with D.O.T tracking and M.C. numbering as well.
Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality. — Malala Yousafzai
With the capacity to supply precise data, it is probable to print trustworthy records. It also enables you to post heaps on the internet. It lets you publish straight without using your authorized email id. The program offers you reliable bookkeeping features as well. The application is equipped with characteristics and accessories that let you produce reports. It also can help you in earnings files, debts, and many more. This program also lets you generate various investment plans, track the sales tax, and other operational records. The internet-based dispatch software is also skilled in creating the monthly bills, supply control of different purchases.
The web-based dispatch program also lets you control the work- stress quite proficient. There will be no need to place the programs because you can intend computerized notifications regularly. Most of the web-based dispatch applications provide you with swift outcomes on free weight boards. This on-line dispatch software offers you aid to find distinct trending blog posts too. Another reason for picking a web-based dispatch application is that you can concentrate on your companies as opposed to putting things off on searching.
Scalability and Flexibility
In this current age, technological advancement is a blessing for virtually every company around the globe. Besides, there’s been massive variations in the truck business also. Most of the trucking companies are now changing a dispatch program since it’s highly accessible in nature. This software assists the truck companies in time management as well. The dispatch application enables the companies while conserving their precious time that was wasted due to hand-operated operations. The Ifta fuel tax reporting with dispatch software aids in diminishing the limitations of tiresome hand-operated work. To indicate the reputation in this groundbreaking marketplace, every trucking company needs this dispatch software.
The transportation company that doesn’t need to get with these new applications will soon be dragged out of the ground-breaking marketplace. If you need to make your trucking business a success, a dispatch application will be the best option. You can manage all your company’s work from anywhere as long as you’ve got wireless accessibility. You must pick a dispatch application for multiple factors. Once you get a dispatch application for your company, there will be no requirement for any other program. it is easy to access it from anywhere as per your ease. A dispatch application also assists the truck businesses in maintaining various ledger sheets also.
GPS Tracking & Mapping
You can easily monitor every single motion of your driver and the shipment as well. With the assistance of this productive application, the user can also learn several quotes readily. You can concentrate more on your fleet as opposed to putting things off on other things. Additionally, it allows the owner to observe the live locations of both trucks and freight with GPS program. The dispatch program is quite user-friendly and can be used in any type of device. You can easily find a dispatch program from this busy market. The dispatch application provides you more dependability and conformity features.
Video credit: The Audiopedia
The dispatch program is also loaded with an exceptional attribute of loading the trucking-related quotations automatically. It also enables the user to pre-book multiple estimates through one channel. The dispatch software also helps the trucking business when sending invoices to the prospects. This software has eased down each dispatch related process. The dispatch tracking software is also competent enough in holding you updated. There are various types of dispatch software accessible in the market that offers quick results on several online truck stops. It also lets you deliver bills to your customers at any time.
It will offer the user better outcomes. The truck staff is going to have the advantage of loading the vehicle quotes quickly to various web-based truck stops. you don’t even need any email ID for submitting these quotes. The dispatch application also enables the consumer in book-keeping too. You can also generate a number of reports through this innovative application. This software is an aid to the user for bills and other private files too. Apart from all these features the dispatch software also helps the transportation companies in budget preparation and other revenue tax-related activities.
You won’t find many people who really like doing paperwork. However, it is considered as a necessary evil in various industries. Also, the truck drivers must keep their records in terms of trips so as to get paid for the work they have done. Furthermore, they may also require this information to pay their taxes in the required fashion.
Of course, having a piece of organized information saves a lot of your time. It also allows you to put your hands on all the data and related information you require in just a few minutes. Every owner here needs to understand the trucking bookkeeping for the truck drivers and its benefits. Luckily, you do not need a degree while handling the same for your business.Read More
Here are the six simple tips that will help you to handle truck bookkeeping more correctly:
Utilizing the Right Accounting Software System:
Many businesses use either accretion or cash-based software solutions or systems. So, with the cash software, you can keep track of your income, money receivable, expenses, and outstanding bills easily. This is generally considered to be the best trucking bookkeeping solution for truck drivers.
Save the Travel Log:
Remember, your electronic log record is really helpful in terms of managing your expenses. So, in case you solely rely on your electronic device to save the logs, just make sure that you can save and easily access the log history at any point in time you want.
“In the corporate world, sometimes things aren’t exactly black and white when it comes to accounting procedures. Take advantage of modern tools to fulfill your needs.” – ACollision
Try to Maintain the Daily Records:
This is quite important when talking about the most accurate picture of your business in terms of profit or loss. Once you are done setting up your system, keeping everything in place (records!) will not take much of your time daily.
Using a different Debit/Credit Card:
Look for the debit or credit cards with a low rate of interest and the one that does not have any annual charges- A generous plan, isn’t it? Try to pay the entire balance in a single shot every month, as anybody would hate racking up that additional debt. Here, having a credit card to manage your business-related expenses is the best way to bookkeeping. A transport accounting program can categorize the expenses in various categories such as maintenance, gas, fuel, meal, and more.
Handling the Checks with Utmost Care:
This is quite an essential step to go for, simply because the business checks can be easily used as cash. This may invite situations like fraudulent or misuse of the same. Just make sure that you sign a check in the most legible way to discourage the situations as mentioned above. Also, keep reviewing your checks from your bank- even the canceled ones to ensure that your business partners are worth working for.
Maintain an Audit-Proof Separately:
This can be applied to both IRS and the state fuel tax-related audit issues. Try maintaining different checking accounts for your office as well as personal expenses. Save the receipts carefully, especially when it comes to business-related transactions. In fact, we would suggest keeping digital copies of every receipt either by scanning them or by clicking pictures of the same using a Smartphone or PC accordingly. This is the best to keep track of every expense of your business accurately- as you will have all the ducks in a single row!
Try to use the right trucking bookkeeping for your truck drivers- keeping the tips mentioned above in mind. This is simply because it is the most vital part of a successful trucking business. It saves your money and time both and this is why trucking bookkeeping software is so much in demand these days. You can compare the truck accounting software from different companies available online and settle down onto one that suits the best for your business. Make sure the software you wish to work with offers reliable features and serves general-purpose or tasks efficiently. The right software can make all the difference, especially when we talk about your trucking business and its success!
The logistics sector has faced many problems due to mismanagement, pandemic, and breaking of supply chains. As a result, there have been considerable losses in shipping and delivery services. It has become essential for all freight companies to record their ongoing shipments and business transactions. Local and global shippers need to monitor all their fleet operations and keep track of all the vehicles. Improving your company’s performance can create a positive impact on the whole supply chain.Read More
As a freight shipper, you have to deal with many problems such as shipping your cargo, importing, exporting, and improving your warehouse functions. This is the reason why businesses need to have a proper record of all the transactions. Advanced long haul system software helps to create transparency in business and prevents mistakes. Most mistakes occur due to a lack of communication between the worker, manager, drivers, and the owners. To succeed, you must maintain good communication with your employees and ensure a healthy working relationship.
Walt Disney: “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
Common Inefficiencies in Logistics Network:
1. Checking inefficient routes for business: Sometimes, you have to change your shipments and deliveries. You cannot predict the exact time of a journey. Many factors affect your shipments, like vehicles used, traffic, weather conditions, and driver efficiency. If by chance, your shipments get delayed, you are prepared to deal with such scenarios. Many times the shipments arrive at ports on time, but the carriers arrive late. This slows the whole delivery process and causes loss in business. If your company is armed with future insights, you can avoid such problems. Fleet companies should know all about the routes, roads, and canals that they have to pass while sending the shipments. They should establish good communication with the carriers to reach delivery stations on time and not cause any shipping process problems.
2. Waiting at the ports unnecessarily: Another factor that causes logistics inefficiencies is the wastage of time at the docks. Sometimes, companies have to wait for several days at the ports to get their shipments. Shipments can remain stuck for many days, weeks, and even months. This creates uncertainty in business and causes unnecessary delays in deliveries. Shippers spend more time on shipments than they should and have to cancel their other deliveries or remain idle for a large amount of time. This is why fleet businesses should opt for freight management system to clarify the shipping process and get future insights. This is also why many fleet companies hire freight brokers who help them to manage their shipments. A freight broker allows you to deal with any last-minute changes or emergencies in your deliveries. This reduces the hassle of doing paperwork and provides timely reminders to the company.
3. Compared with shipping security: The delays in cargo shipments leave a place for security breaches. Shippers’ most common mistake is that they do not consider their cargo’s safety. This leaves room for many security loopholes. Sometimes, the shipment gets stolen or damaged. It causes huge losses to business and can damage your company’s reputation. Sometimes, the goods get damaged due to humidity or extreme temperatures. This is harmful to perishable goods like medicines, seafood, meat, and fruits. You need to manage your goods carefully, or you will lose out on new customers and potential clients. Fleet companies can use various software or take the help of brokers to solve their problems. Some software helps you track your shipments and provide alerts on security in case this happens regularly.
Video Credits: Dan Klepper
The best way to deal with such situations is by collecting data. Many softwares are available in the market; fleet companies can select the ones which suit their needs and budget. It helps you evaluate your fleet’s performance and lets you know where your company is lagging. This software for trucking business contains the latest technology, tools, and sensors which save all the delivery records in a freight company’s database. The owners can take appropriate measures from time to time. It helps you to cover your loopholes and know about all risks. This enables you to have better communication with the shippers and drivers and ensure your cargo’s safety. Taking the help of technology in business is very important; it saves your time and makes your job easier.
The data provided by this software helps freight companies to make essential business decisions and change their working strategies. These softwares are user-friendly and provide timely updates to the owners about the shippers and carriers’ activities. The best thing about this software is that many people can work on them at the same time. All freight workers like drivers, managers, shippers can operate it without any prior training. As they are web-based, all the data about the shipments, deliveries, and business consignments get stored in a company’s databases. You can check and update this from time to time; it maintains clarity in business and sends qualified people to job sites.